- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as compliment. On this page you can see how to spell compliment. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of compliment
- Correct spelling:
- praise (noun)
- praise, commendation, eulogy, recommendation, admiration, sanction, flattery, approval, glorification, exaltation, endorsement, applause, acclaim.
- flattery (noun)
- glorification, flattery, accolade, idolization, adulation, cajolery.
- congratulate (verb)
- commend, congratulate, felicitate, recommend, bless.
- praise (verb)
- flatter, commend, dignify, endorse, extol, recommend, sanction, exalt, applaud, eulogize, acclaim, approve, glorify, praise, admire.
- congratulation (noun)
- good wishes, congratulation, blessing, best wishes, recommendation, commendation, felicitation.
- flatter (verb)
- idolize, fawn, adulate, flatter, cajole, kowtow, extol, glorify.
- Common misspellings:
- complient (15%)
- complment (13%)
- complament (8%)
- compiment (8%)
- comliment (6%)
- complimant (5%)
- copliment (4%)
- complaiment (3%)
- compliament (3%)
- compilment (3%)
- complimnet (3%)
- compliemnt (3%)
- compliement (3%)
- complimet (2%)
- complimen (1%)
- Examples of usage:
boy is proof against the compliment that he is a man, to be dealt with as a man and equal of older, more experienced men. - No - "The Shepherd of the North", Richard Aumerle Maher.
William answered, delighted, Mary guessed, at this little compliment. - No - "The Shepherd of the North", Richard Aumerle Maher. - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf.
It is a compliment you should pay him not to go. - No - "The Shepherd of the North", Richard Aumerle Maher. - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf. - "The Beautiful Wretch; The Pupil of Aurelius; and The Four Macnicols", William Black.
- boy is proof against the compliment that he is a man, to be dealt with as a man and equal of older, more experienced men.
Discover what are words like compliment. Discover what is a synonym for compliment. Discover what is another word for compliment. Discover what is an alternative word for compliment. Discover what are more words for compliment.