- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as compelled. On this page you can see how to spell compelled. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of compelled
- Correct spelling:
- required (verb)
- required, obligated, bound, stipulated, constrained, mandated.
- propelled (verb)
- slung, projected, flicked, cast, shunted, bunted, pitched, prodded, canted, chucked, rammed, goaded, propelled, pelted, fired, precipitated, thrust, flung, threw, shoved, lobbed, butted, tossed, catapulted, heaved, driven, launched, thrown, hurled, pushed, impelled, bowled, drove.
- compelled (verb)
- pushed, daunted, motivated, pressed, driven, mandated, intimidated, sparked, browbeaten, galvanized, impelled, incited, drove, fomented, browbeat, hijacked, obliged, stressed, caused, stimulated, goaded, propelled, pressured, dictated, coerced, bullied, bulldozed, nagged, urged, dragooned.
- Other synonyms:
- constrained, obligated, bound, obligate.
- Common misspellings:
- compeled (57%)
- complelled (12%)
- complled (8%)
- compleled (4%)
- compaled (2%)
- comelled (2%)
- campelled (1%)
- compell (1%)
- compled (1%)
- comepelled (1%)
- conpelled (1%)
- compailed (1%)
- compelld (1%)
- Examples of usage:
Once she had felt compelled to speak to her father on the subject. - - "The Crisis, Volume 6", Winston Churchill.
He compelled her to sit down. - - "The Crisis, Volume 6", Winston Churchill. - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf.
She is " compelled" to do this, and " ordered" to do that. - - "The Crisis, Volume 6", Winston Churchill. - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf. - "America To-day, Observations and Reflections", William Archer.
- Once she had felt compelled to speak to her father on the subject.
Discover what are words like compelled. Discover what is a synonym for compelled. Discover what is another word for compelled. Discover what is an alternative word for compelled. Discover what are more words for compelled.