- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as collection. On this page you can see how to spell collection. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of collection
- Correct spelling:
- acquisition (noun)
- acquisition, claim, gain, addition, accumulation, catch, appropriation, purchase, annexation, assumption, procurement.
- crew (noun)
- squad, posse, complement, host, team, school, division, band, phalanx, party, nest, set, clique, detail, group, aggregation, crew, wing, retinue, gang, mob, pack, league, hive, body, coalition, fleet, colony, assembly, herd, ring, circle, clan, force, troupe, coterie, detachment, tribe, brigade, union, bevy, caucus, club, battalion, cabal, company, covey, staff, troop, junta, platoon, fellowship, sect, faction, fraternity, flock, regiment, cadre, bunch, drove, army, society, cell, assemblage, outfit, crowd, litter, string.
- collection (noun)
- corps, omnium-gatherum, council, body, formation, group, complement, league, college, band, partnership, stew, salad, mix, union, bloc, assortment, bunch, medley, set, coalition, society, federation, assembly, assemblage.
- oblation (noun)
- penitence, dedication, libation, votive offering, oblation, offertory, offering, sacrifice, devotion, burnt offering.
- list (noun)
- tablet, scrapbook, docket, pad, thesaurus, storybook, invoice, bank-book, schedule, roster, registry, summary, daybook, inventory, menu, account, file, yearbook, statement, manifest, register, roll, recording, novel, book, diary, lexicon, dictionary, annual, notebook, store, chronicle, count, log, waybill, documentation, index, total, budget, workbook, blank-book, census, detail, bill, cash book, digest, enumeration, tabulate, treasury, record, score, ledger, sum, journal, logbook, list, scroll, catalog, calendar, itemization, album, table, check, annals, repertory, history, recount, tally.
- Other synonyms:
- show, antiquarian, combination, atlas, fashionista, bundle, crush, holdings, age group, selection, quantity, hoard, omnibus, accumulation, constellation, assembling, batch, symposium, stock, compilation, order, securing, appeal, battery, garland, fashion house, parade, miscellany, prayer, mess, appealingness, artefact, arsenal, lodgment, accrual, agglomeration, concentration, antique, autobiography, muster, carrel, cumulus, blook, haute couture, assemblage, almanac, bookmobile, accruement, retrieval, amassment, hodgepodge, collector's item, grouping, line of battle, gathering, exhibition, collector, archive, bank, solicitation, cumulation, card catalog, collect, accession, bible, Goth, order of battle, couturier, knot, pileup, pile, collecting, huddle, passel, cache, capture, sight, finding, entreaty, corpus, stack, audience, house, art gallery, antiquity, biography, congeries, mass, artifact, collectible, compendium, parcel, clutch, aggregation, package, roundup, bale, lot, battle array, library, allurement, arrangement, recovery, bestseller, collation, block, array, round-up, busload, fashion, suite, accretion, recovering, heap, disposition, charm, clot, hookup, ingathering, catwalk, clump, anthology, fashion show, number, archivist, cluster, authority.
- Common misspellings:
- colection (39%)
- colleciton (16%)
- colletion (10%)
- colelction (5%)
- collecton (5%)
- collectin (4%)
- collectoin (3%)
- collecion (3%)
- colllection (3%)
- coolection (2%)
- Examples of usage:
He turned it over and over, and suddenly noticing that there was a foreign stamp on the other side, he became more excited than ever, and asked if he might tear it off, as his son had rather a good collection. - - "Bill the Minder", W. Heath Robinson.
You have a fine collection here. - - "Bill the Minder", W. Heath Robinson. - "Penny Plain", Anna Buchan (writing as O. Douglas).
These I added to those in the tables, which have been already mentioned, and they made together a valuable collection on the subject. - - "Bill the Minder", W. Heath Robinson. - "Penny Plain", Anna Buchan (writing as O. Douglas). - "The History of the Rise, Progress and Accomplishment of the Abolition of the African Slave-Trade, by the British Parliament (1839)", Thomas Clarkson.
- He turned it over and over, and suddenly noticing that there was a foreign stamp on the other side, he became more excited than ever, and asked if he might tear it off, as his son had rather a good collection.
Discover what are words like collection. Discover what is a synonym for collection. Discover what is another word for collection. Discover what is an alternative word for collection. Discover what are more words for collection.