- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as clever. On this page you can see how to spell clever. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of clever
- Correct spelling:
- intuitive (adjective)
- sophisticated, insightful, instinctive, instinctual, sly, wily, canny, shrewd, cunning, intuitive, artful, far-sighted, tricky, astute, crafty.
- cunning (adjective)
- subtle, deft, skillful, sly, feline, shrewd, sharp, tricky, astute, masterful, scheming, serpentine, foxy, ingenious, artful, quick, slippery, wily, crafty, wary, masterly, snaky, smooth, designing, cunning, canny, calculating, slick, witty, devious.
- skillful (adjective)
- skillful, skilled, agile, artful, versatile, apt, capable, competent, crafty, crack, genius, accomplished, efficient, handy, adroit, sure-footed, nimble, talented, deft, proficient, adept, able, facile, dexterous, cunning, masterful, expert, ambidextrous.
- intelligent (adjective)
- brilliant, cogent, worldly, intellectual, brainy, profound, erudite, sophisticated, bright, intelligent, perspicacious, knowledgeable, encyclopedic, sagacious, sharp, smart, canny, wise, knowing, capable, comprehending, genius, gifted, astute.
- stylish (adjective)
- adroit, skillful, adept, deft, capable, eloquent, stylish, talented, artful, artistic, graceful, expressive.
- witty (adjective)
- subtle, ingenious, cunning, funny, resourceful, waggish, dry, joking, inventive, shrewd, deft, witty, tricky, pointed, adroit, pithy, crafty, sarcastic, quick-witted, sophisticated, facetious, scurrilous, sparkling, smart, jocular, urbane, scintillating, foxy, brilliant, astute, sly, quick, sharp, canny, droll, comical, intelligent, wily, artful.
- Other synonyms:
- ingenious, apt, cagey, smart, cagy, cunning, canny, intelligent, artful, adroit.
- Common misspellings:
- clevar (23%)
- claver (17%)
- celver (17%)
- cever (7%)
- clevr (7%)
- clevor (7%)
- cliver (7%)
- thoutfull (3%)
- dilever (3%)
- cleve (3%)
- paramore (3%)
- cleer (3%)
- Examples of usage:
And will you part with your clever dog? - - "Stories of Animal Sagacity", W.H.G. Kingston.
" Your brothers are very clever," she said. - - "Stories of Animal Sagacity", W.H.G. Kingston. - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf.
" I think you must be very clever," Katharine observed. - - "Stories of Animal Sagacity", W.H.G. Kingston. - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf. - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf.
- And will you part with your clever dog?
Discover what are words like clever. Discover what is a synonym for clever. Discover what is another word for clever. Discover what is an alternative word for clever. Discover what are more words for clever.