- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as challenge. On this page you can see how to spell challenge. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of challenge
- Correct spelling:
- confutation (noun)
- rejoinder, disaffirmation, disavowal, dispute, refutation, repudiation, conflict, rebuttal, contradiction, invalidation, abnegation, denial, repeal, abrogation, confutation.
- confrontation (noun)
- encounter, defiance, conflict, clash, engagement, confrontation, dispute.
- confute (verb)
- contradict, repeal, disprove, disavow, rejoin, disaffirm, invalidate, negate, rebut, dispute, repudiate, confute, deny, abrogate, conflict, abnegate, refute.
- oppose (verb)
- repel, counteract, object, oppress, defy, meddle, interfere, repress, check, fight, inhibit, intercept, disagree, dispute, antagonize, impede, oppose, resist, contradict, repulse, hinder, rebuff, protest, counterattack, counter, confront, conflict, obstruct, suppress, cross.
- disagree (verb)
- dissent, dispute, demur, clash, bicker, contend, object, oppose, complain, differ, repudiate, antagonize, collide, argue, reject, defy, conflict, disagree.
- disagreement (noun)
- opposition, disagreement, dispute, dissent, nonagreement, repudiation, conflict, divisiveness, defiance, disunity, argument, disaccord, rejection, complaint, contention.
- counteract (verb)
- offset, counteract, defy, tamper, interfere, neutralize, meddle, oppose, counterwork, contradict.
- counteraction (noun)
- neutralization, defiance, contradiction, opposition, counteraction, counterwork.
- opposition (noun)
- repression, disagreement, defiance, objection, obstinacy, counteraction, hindrance, adversary, protest, friction, resistance, dispute, interference, obstruction, impediment, opposition, contradiction, inhibition, counterattack, confrontation, antagonism, rebuff, fight, suppression, repulsion, conflict.
- defy (verb)
- face, counteract, cross, rebel, confront, resist, defy, counter, dissent, dare, countermand, contravene, affront.
- confront (verb)
- encounter, deal with, confront, brave, face, dare, defy.
- question (verb)
- quiz, seek, examine, catechize, poll, investigate, question, contemplate, dispute, interpolate, debate, explore, query, ask, delve, canvass, survey, probe, interrogate, inquire.
- Other synonyms:
- appellant, case, sample, ban, breach, leading question, gainsay, exertion, try out, trouble, offend, jostle, close season, the accused, crash-test, undertaking, rhetorical question, argufy, knot, flout, Cup, defendant, put through, care, squawk, the court, scrap, hurdle, veto, put to, work, difficulty, protestation, expert witness, questionnaire, hold on, dedication, heavy lifting, interview, summons, compete, pick someone's brains, provocation, aggrieved, championship, refusal, contest, disobey, inquiry, exception, battle, try, infringe, pursuit, trial, interrogation, expostulation, attack, violate, altercate, put someone/something to the test, alibi, pilot, the Commonwealth Games, kick, dismissal, call, support, remonstrance, silence, bye, take on, demurral, complainant, put someone on the spot, quarrel, crown, remonstration, fuss, stink, request, demand, strain, break, combat, take exception, demurrer, vie, card, test, nut, effort, dispute, matter.
- Common misspellings:
- challange (61%)
- challege (9%)
- chalenge (6%)
- chalange (6%)
- challenege (4%)
- challeng (3%)
- challage (2%)
- chanllenge (2%)
- Examples of usage:
He allowed the challenge to pass and went out. - - "In the Brooding Wild", Ridgwell Cullum.
He remembered how she seemed to have been talking to the Third just before the challenge. - - "In the Brooding Wild", Ridgwell Cullum. - "Evil Out of Onzar", Mark Ganes.
This was certainly throwing the lady a bold challenge, seeing he was going to spend the night in her room. - - "In the Brooding Wild", Ridgwell Cullum. - "Evil Out of Onzar", Mark Ganes. - "David Elginbrod", George MacDonald.
- He allowed the challenge to pass and went out.
Discover what are words like challenge. Discover what is a synonym for challenge. Discover what is another word for challenge. Discover what is an alternative word for challenge. Discover what are more words for challenge.