- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as Caught. On this page you can see how to spell Caught. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of Caught
- Correct spelling:
- taken (adjective)
- reaped, amassed, acquired, gotten, bagged, taken, gathered, harvested, levied, under arrest at arrest, procured, annexed, nabbed, confiscated, appropriated, impounded, abducted, commandeered, collected, usurped, grabbed, captured.
- took (verb)
- annexed, captured, usurped, got, acquired, monopolized, confiscated, taken, amassed, grabbed, levied, impounded, commandeered, nabbed, procured, reaped, appropriated, took, harvested, bagged, collected, deprived, gathered, abducted.
- acquired (verb)
- secured, reaped, bagged, bought, added, incurred, claimed, scored, captured, harvested, lured, heaped, garnered, took, collected, taken, procured, purchased, landed, won, pocketed, retrieved, acquired, annexed, wrangled, netted, obtained, got, palmed, assumed, accumulated, received, amassed, gotten, cornered, fetched.
- hindered (verb)
- restrained, tangled, opposed, jammed, bottlenecked, crippled, fouled, fettered, complicated, braked, bunged, frustrated, hindered, constrained, plugged, impaired, countered, dragged, restricted, resisted, hamstrung, congested, impeded, burdened, blocked, hampered, paralyzed, stayed, choked, snarled, deterred, entangled, handicapped, entrapped, snagged, constipated, dammed, curbed, detained, baffled, crimped, barred, cramped, clogged, mired, delayed, obstructed, interrupted, thwarted, inhibited, stopped, checked, encumbered.
- captured (verb)
- snared, seized, obtained, arrested, apprehended, got, snatched, taken, collared, occupied, won, abducted, captured, achieved, took, gotten, gained, secured.
- Other synonyms:
- deadlocked, gravid, big, gone, enceinte, confined, out of your depth, jailed, expecting, in deep trouble, embroiled, oppressed, incarcerated, up against something, pressed, stuck, expectant, imprisoned, worse off, quick, heavy, beleaguered, interned.
- Common misspellings:
- cought (71%)
- cuaght (6%)
- caugh (5%)
- catched (3%)
- caought (3%)
- coaught (1%)
- Examples of usage:
He caught her look and laughed. - - "The Everlasting Whisper", Jackson Gregory.
If he were seen- if he were caught! - - "The Everlasting Whisper", Jackson Gregory. - "The Further Adventures of Jimmie Dale", Frank L. Packard.
Only just caught the train. - - "The Everlasting Whisper", Jackson Gregory. - "The Further Adventures of Jimmie Dale", Frank L. Packard. - "The Matador of the Five Towns and Other Stories", Arnold Bennett.
- He caught her look and laughed.
Discover what are words like Caught. Discover what is a synonym for Caught. Discover what is another word for Caught. Discover what is an alternative word for Caught. Discover what are more words for Caught.