- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as burgundy. On this page you can see how to spell burgundy. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of burgundy
- Correct spelling:
- purple (adjective)
- plum, pansy, mauve, heliotrope, grape, livid, purple, raisin, lavender, mulberry, violet, amethystine, hyacinth, damson, solferino, magenta, lilac, orchid.
- wine (noun)
- vermouth, white wine, Moselle, champagne, Riesling, Rhine wine, tawny port, Chianti, Medoc, port, claret, mulled wine, sherry, Bordeaux, Madeira, Chablis, wine, Sauterne, red wine, muscatel.
- colors (noun)
- bronze, aqua, biscuit, buff, black, blue, blackness, brown, aquamarine, apricot.
- Other synonyms:
- bubbly, brandy, baby-blue, Burgundy wine, beige, bluish, amber, amethyst, alabaster, avocado, bourgogne, Chardonnay, azure, cognac.
- Common misspellings:
- burgandy (86%)
- burgendy (10%)
- bergundy (2%)
- Examples of usage:
How they got there is in itself a matter of history, the history of a war between Burgundy and Switzerland. - - "The Tapestry Book", Helen Churchill Candee.
If one preferred, he might drink Burgundy ad lib. - - "The Tapestry Book", Helen Churchill Candee. - "An American at Oxford", John Corbin.
Now must we ride away, for I be ill content in Burgundy. - - "The Tapestry Book", Helen Churchill Candee. - "An American at Oxford", John Corbin. - "The Nibelungenlied", Unknown.
- How they got there is in itself a matter of history, the history of a war between Burgundy and Switzerland.
Discover what are words like burgundy. Discover what is a synonym for burgundy. Discover what is another word for burgundy. Discover what is an alternative word for burgundy. Discover what are more words for burgundy.