- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as brethren. On this page you can see how to spell brethren. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of brethren
- Correct spelling:
- friends (noun)
- comrades, pals, confidants, classmates, cronies, familiars, companions, fellows, companies, buddies, partners, sisters, playmates, mates, teammates, chums, amigos, co-workers, friends, roommates, colleagues, schoolmates, cousins, allies, acquaintances.
- kinships (noun)
- clans, aunts, sisters, cousins, fraternities, ancestors, bloods, nephews, kinships, relations, motherhoods, sisterhoods, mothers, uncles, brotherhoods, families, relatives, lineages, fathers, nieces, kinfolk.
- lay people (noun)
- churchmen, laymen, laywomen, churchwomen, assemblies, folds, congregations, sisters, communicants, flocks, parishioners.
- laity (noun)
- churchman, layman, laywoman, churchwoman, assembly, fold, congregation, sisters, communicant, flock, parishioner.
- clergy people (noun)
- priors, curates, vicars, abbesses, nuns, ecclesiastics, popes, prioresses, ministers, cardinals, canons, priests, sisters, prelates, monks, rectors, pastors, clerics, fathers, novices, bishops, reverends, archdeacons, clergymen, preachers, friars, archbishops, evangelists, pilgrims, missionaries, abbots, chaplains.
- Common misspellings:
- bretheren (33%)
- brethern (31%)
- brethen (5%)
- breathren (4%)
- brotheren (4%)
- bretherin (4%)
- breathern (3%)
- breatheren (2%)
- bretheran (2%)
- brothern (2%)
- brethrens (2%)
- breathen (2%)
- bretern (1%)
- brothren (1%)
- bredren (1%)
- Examples of usage:
The little were placed with their own brethren, and the hen turned loose among the rest of the poultry, it being supposed impossible that she would still recollect the past. - Muscovies - "Stories of Animal Sagacity", W.H.G. Kingston.
A kitten born on the roof of an out- house was by an accident deprived of its mother and brethren. - Muscovies - "Stories of Animal Sagacity", W.H.G. Kingston. - "Stories of Animal Sagacity", W.H.G. Kingston.
" Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these my brethren," says the Representative of our common humanity, " ye did it not unto me." - Muscovies - "Stories of Animal Sagacity", W.H.G. Kingston. - "Stories of Animal Sagacity", W.H.G. Kingston. - "Practical Ethics", William DeWitt Hyde.
- The little were placed with their own brethren, and the hen turned loose among the rest of the poultry, it being supposed impossible that she would still recollect the past.
Discover what are words like brethren. Discover what is a synonym for brethren. Discover what is another word for brethren. Discover what is an alternative word for brethren. Discover what are more words for brethren.