- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as artful. On this page you can see how to spell artful. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of artful
- Correct spelling:
- stylish (adjective)
- adroit, skillful, adept, deft, clever, eloquent, stylish, talented, artistic, capable, graceful, expressive.
- witty (adjective)
- subtle, ingenious, cunning, funny, resourceful, waggish, dry, joking, inventive, shrewd, deft, witty, tricky, pointed, adroit, pithy, crafty, sarcastic, quick-witted, sophisticated, facetious, scurrilous, sparkling, smart, jocular, urbane, scintillating, foxy, canny, brilliant, sly, quick, sharp, clever, droll, comical, intelligent, wily, astute.
- cunning (adjective)
- subtle, deft, skillful, sly, feline, shrewd, sharp, tricky, calculating, masterful, scheming, serpentine, foxy, ingenious, astute, quick, slippery, wily, crafty, wary, masterly, snaky, smooth, designing, cunning, clever, canny, slick, witty, devious.
- intuitive (adjective)
- sophisticated, insightful, instinctive, instinctual, sly, wily, clever, shrewd, cunning, intuitive, astute, far-sighted, tricky, canny, crafty.
- skillful (adjective)
- skillful, skilled, agile, capable, versatile, apt, clever, competent, crafty, crack, genius, accomplished, efficient, handy, adroit, sure-footed, nimble, talented, deft, proficient, adept, able, facile, dexterous, cunning, masterful, expert, ambidextrous.
- Other synonyms:
- disingenuous, evasive, dodgy, ingenious, tricky, designing, slick, elusive, tricksy, adroit, perverted, cunning, deep, misrepresented, scheming, guileful, clever, twisted, distorted, Byzantine, cute, sly, crafty, wily, knavish, precious, foxy, manipulative, pawky.
- Common misspellings:
- artfull (100%)
- Examples of usage:
I have with much worse men than " Artful Joe." - foregathered - "Reminiscences of a South African Pioneer", W. C. Scully.
Don Ambrosio, however, continued to treat her with artful deference, that insensibly lulled her apprehensions. - foregathered - "Reminiscences of a South African Pioneer", W. C. Scully. - "Bracebridge Hall, or The Humorists", Washington Irving.
Artful, accomplished, and, if he chose to be so, insinuating; but daring and headlong in the pursuit of his pleasures; violent and implacable in his - foregathered - "Reminiscences of a South African Pioneer", W. C. Scully. - "Bracebridge Hall, or The Humorists", Washington Irving. resentments. - "Bracebridge Hall, or The Humorists", Washington Irving.
- I have with much worse men than " Artful Joe."
Discover what are words like artful. Discover what is a synonym for artful. Discover what is another word for artful. Discover what is an alternative word for artful. Discover what are more words for artful.