- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as arrogant. On this page you can see how to spell arrogant. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of arrogant
- Correct spelling:
- boastful (adjective)
- vain, self-praising, pretentious, bombastic, self-applauding, self-important, conceited, fat-headed, bragging, haughty, boastful, vainglorious, inflated, windy.
- tyrannical (adjective)
- totalitarian, Draconian, heavy-handed, ogreish, peremptory, tyrannous, deterministic, overbearing, discretionary, oppressive, autocratic, domineering, tyrannical, despotic, dictatorial.
- authoritative (adjective)
- potent, imperious, dictatorial, important, autocratic, masterful, commanding, authoritative, powerful, authoritarian, strong, effective, influential, impressive, effectual, consequential.
- insolent (adjective)
- rude, defiant, contemptuous, insubordinate, irreverent, candid, flagrant, audacious, outspoken, disrespectful, sarcastic, derisive, insolent, mouthy, impertinent, outrageous, callous, impolite, cheeky, brazen, bold, presumptuous, discourteous, saucy, sacrilegious, brash.
- Other synonyms:
- uppish, assumptive, overweening, absolute, arbitrary, proud, exacting, imperative, unconditional, bumptious, positive, stiff-necked, study atproud, high-and-mighty, compulsive, presuming, supreme, patronizing, unequivocal, uppity, superior, irresponsible, supercilious, huffish, superior, highfalutin, high-handed, self-important, high-hat, big-chested, self-opinionated, egocentric, toplofty, chesty, lofty, prideful, self-assertive, immodest, huffy, lordly, cavalier, egotistic, self-asserting, self-satisfied, dogmatic, compulsory, coercive, pompous, sniffy, attitude, controlling.
- Common misspellings:
- arogant (32%)
- arrogent (23%)
- arragant (12%)
- arrogrant (6%)
- arragent (3%)
- arogent (3%)
- arragont (3%)
- arrigant (2%)
- aragant (2%)
- irrogant (2%)
- arrogants (1%)
- errogant (1%)
- Examples of usage:
" You are right, my pet," said the king, laughing, " you have written my answer with your nose to this arrogant person. - - "Old Fritz and the New Era", Louise Muhlbach.
Would Louis be in danger from the bullets of the arrogant Stair? - - "Old Fritz and the New Era", Louise Muhlbach. - "Patsy", S. R. Crockett.
There is a vast difference between this attitude and the arrogant tone generally ascribed to Chamberlain. - - "Old Fritz and the New Era", Louise Muhlbach. - "Patsy", S. R. Crockett. Mr. - "Boer Politics", Yves Guyot.
- " You are right, my pet," said the king, laughing, " you have written my answer with your nose to this arrogant person.
Discover what are words like arrogant. Discover what is a synonym for arrogant. Discover what is another word for arrogant. Discover what is an alternative word for arrogant. Discover what are more words for arrogant.