- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as arguing. On this page you can see how to spell arguing. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of arguing
- Correct spelling:
- contending (verb)
- clashing, contending, wrestling, facing, bickering, resisting, disputing, withstanding, brawling, hassling, quarreling, protesting, defending, standing, struggling, vying, conflicting, wrangling, opposing, confronting, contrasting, dissenting, encountering, antagonizing.
- conversing (verb)
- parleying, debating, chatting, talking, meeting, conversing, confronting, consulting, discussing.
- defending (verb)
- rebutting, upholding, barring, defending, supporting, sustaining, fending, warding, answering, policing, counterattacking, replying, retorting, resisting, sheltering, covering, safeguarding, returning, responding, countering, screening, buffering, guarding, backfiring, protecting, saving, shielding, averting, opposing, securing, barricading.
- disagreeing (verb)
- dissenting, disputing, demurring, clashing, challenging, contending, objecting, opposing, complaining, differing, repudiating, antagonizing, colliding, bickering, rejecting, defying, conflicting, disagreeing.
- Other synonyms:
- argumentation, statement, controversy, tilt, parameter, quarrelsome, debate, disceptation, list, lean, rock, argumentative, sway, joust, contestation, logical argument, literary argument, public debate, careen, line of reasoning, contention, argument, line, inclination, rivalry, competition, leaning, disputation.
- Common misspellings:
- argueing (64%)
- aruging (11%)
- agruing (8%)
- agrueing (2%)
- aguing (2%)
- arguin (2%)
- arguging (2%)
- arguring (2%)
- aruing (1%)
- arguwing (1%)
- Examples of usage:
The other sighed, such a sigh as man has ever sighed when arguing with woman. - - "Helena Brett's Career", Desmond Coke.
She was in her twenty- first year, but in reality she seemed to me older than she had been on that day when first I saw her arguing with her grooms upon the road to - - "Helena Brett's Career", Desmond Coke. no Cagli. - "The Shame of Motley", Raphael Sabatini.
Now be that matter as you please- for the point is not worth arguing- certain it is that my appearance was better than it had been before. - - "Helena Brett's Career", Desmond Coke. no Cagli. - "The Shame of Motley", Raphael Sabatini. - "Lorna Doone, A Romance of Exmoor", R. D. Blackmore.
- The other sighed, such a sigh as man has ever sighed when arguing with woman.
Discover what are words like arguing. Discover what is a synonym for arguing. Discover what is another word for arguing. Discover what is an alternative word for arguing. Discover what are more words for arguing.