- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as ally. On this page you can see how to spell ally. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of ally
- Correct spelling:
- join (verb)
- relate, wed, amalgamate, connect, splice, marry, merge, couple, attach, cling, juxtapose, bond, consolidate, adhere, abut, affix, affiliate, annex, join.
- co-operate (verb)
- reciprocate, band, associate, interplay, collude, share, intermesh, interweave, overlap, unite, pool, co-operate, participate, interlace, collaborate, mesh, affiliate, dovetail, confederate, trade, intertwine, concur.
- confederate (noun)
- collaborator, associate, abettor, colleague, accomplice, study atassociate, assistant, supporter.
- friend (noun)
- roommate, companion, colleague, friend, intimate, classmate, cousin, acquaintance, partner, confidant, sister, company, fellow, mate, crony, pal, chum, familiar, co-worker, buddy, amigo, playmate, comrade, teammate, schoolmate, brother.
- Other synonyms:
- antebellum, henchman, politics, benefit, support, champion, aide, protagonist, get behind, convention, bedfellow, administrative assistant, assist, the Bay of Pigs, link, fellow traveler, accord, accessory, admirer, conjoin, alliance, follower, agent, agree with, booster, get through, give, ancillary, speak up for, Auschwitz, helper, entente, acolyte, advance person, sympathizer, combine, Armistice Day, help, bilateral, help out, endorse, accession, attendant, promote, the Berlin Wall, federate, axis, Allied, league, the Geneva Convention, align, guide, retainer, sympathize, back, coadjutor, aid, backer, Benedict Arnold, nurse, the Allies, the Axis, the Battle of Britain, participator, abetter _or_ abettor, bind.
- Common misspellings:
- allie (52%)
- aly (10%)
- allyn (7%)
- allys (7%)
- aplly (3%)
- alie (3%)
- eally (3%)
- vally (3%)
- falsly (3%)
- halfly (3%)
- alli (3%)
- Examples of usage:
The Spartans that were present hung down their heads, as conscious of the wrong they had done to their ally. - - "Plutarch-Lives-of-the-noble-Grecians-and-Romans", Clough, Arthur Hugh.
He proceeded to mention in detail a few of the things which he proposed to call upon his ally to do. - - "Plutarch-Lives-of-the-noble-Grecians-and-Romans", Clough, Arthur Hugh. - "The Gem Collector", P. G. Wodehouse.
With France, our ancient and powerful ally, our relations continue to be of the most friendly character. - - "Plutarch-Lives-of-the-noble-Grecians-and-Romans", Clough, Arthur Hugh. - "The Gem Collector", P. G. Wodehouse. - "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.
- The Spartans that were present hung down their heads, as conscious of the wrong they had done to their ally.
Discover what are words like ally. Discover what is a synonym for ally. Discover what is another word for ally. Discover what is an alternative word for ally. Discover what are more words for ally.