- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as acquiesces. On this page you can see how to spell acquiesces. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of acquiesces
- Correct spelling:
- complies (verb)
- concurs, obeys, conforms, bows, defers, fulfills, complies, genuflects, cedes, assents, observes, surrenders, respects, kowtows, yields, bends, agrees, capitulates, knuckles under, submits, caves, succumbs, consents, adheres, accepts.
- consents (verb)
- allows, endorses, lets, approves, accepts, consents, concurs, sanctions, assents, condones, ratifies.
- obeys (verb)
- serves, defers, complies, accepts, submits, conforms, obeys.
- conforms (verb)
- observes, conforms, apes, adheres, submits, complies, mimics.
- agrees (verb)
- sanctions, stipulates, capitulates, affirms, empathizes, cooperates, promises, agrees, blesses, consents, approves, concurs, pledges, accedes, assents, accepts, welcomes, endorses, contracts, conforms.
- Common misspellings:
- acquieses (100%)
- Examples of usage:
But he acquiesces in their doctrine in so far as shadowy existence in another world inspires in him pleasing hope. - no - "Horace and His Influence", Grant Showerman.
Even Gunther acquiesces in this crime, which will leave his sister a widow, and they soon agree that it shall be explained to as a hunting casualty. - no - "Horace and His Influence", Grant Showerman. Gutrune - "Stories of the Wagner Opera", H. A. Guerber.
But Job is the very opposite of this; he endures, because there is way out; but he never for a moment acquiesces in the justice of his affliction, and his complaints are both specific and protracted. - no - "Horace and His Influence", Grant Showerman. Gutrune - "Stories of the Wagner Opera", H. A. Guerber. no - "The Silent Isle", Arthur Christopher Benson.
- But he acquiesces in their doctrine in so far as shadowy existence in another world inspires in him pleasing hope.
Discover what are words like acquiesces. Discover what is a synonym for acquiesces. Discover what is another word for acquiesces. Discover what is an alternative word for acquiesces. Discover what are more words for acquiesces.